Advertising the Un-Advertisable - Quick, Henry, the Anti-Twit!

1 Conversation

The authors are responding to the Post Writing Challenge of advertising the un-advertisable. As usual, they paid no attention to the instructions. (So what else is new?)

As usual, the results are gratifying. Rules be darned.

As usual, we repeat the instructions – not because anybody pays attention to them – but just as a general reference.

Write, compose, draw or even film an ad. But – and here's the kicker – it has to be something you can't BUY. Something intangible but necessary, such as peace, math ability, or a decent sense of humour. You may OFFER TO SELL this commodity, but only in an impractical way. Take your payment in smileys, hugs, or guru sweat-equity, whatever.

For the original on which this no-doubt 'power' ad campaign is based, see the genius work of Theodore Geisel (before he became Dr Seuss). We are judicious thieves. – DG

And now…

Quick, Henry, the Anti-Twit!

Friends, is life getting you down?

Are persistent pests of the pettifogging persuasion making your existence a perpetual purgatory?

We have the answer.

The Anti-Twit Crème-Pie Throwing Gun (patent pending) is guaranteed to deliver quick satisfaction. See this demonstration:

A gun to shoot pies at twits

  • 'I know this joke isn't PC, but…' – Quick, Henry, the Anti-Twit!
  • 'The figures for this quarter have been circularised to all stake-holder departments…' – Quick, Henry, the Anti-Twit!
  • 'My fellow Americans…' – Quick, Henry, the Anti-Twit!

You get the idea.

This amazing device is available in a variety of designer colours at the nominal price of 6 postlethwicks, payable in 2-postlethwick installments at your local Galactic Bank. Alternatively, you may leave a bodily organ in escrow with the Bank as collateral for a longer-term plan.

Quick, Henry, the Anti-Twit!

The Post Writing Challenge: Advertising the Un-Advertisable Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

18.04.11 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A83519481

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more